Searching for multiple terms
- AND search: If you enter more than one search term in the search box, your search will retrieve results that contain all those terms. For example, enter ‘greta rokeby', to find all object records containing both ‘greta' and ‘rokeby'.
- OR search: If you want to search for either one term or another, enter your search terms separated by ‘or'. For example, enter ‘kingfisher or eagle' to find all object records containing either kingfisher or eagle.
Partial word search
- Enter your term followed by an asterisk (*). For example, entering ‘Ital*' would return results for all records containing words beginning with ‘Ital', such as 'Italy' or ‘Italian'.
Searching is always case insensitive
- For example, searching for ‘Italy' is the same as searching for ‘italy'.
Searching for a specific word or phrase
- Enter your term within double quotation marks (""). For example, to search for the term 'Flora Danica', enter "Flora Danica".